You’re probably wondering why you’re here. Well, because for the first time in the ongoing three years that I’ve known you, I know how I’m celebrating the day you were born. And yes, I know you don’t make a big deal about it but to me, it’s a huge deal.
You have to understand something. When we met, I wasn’t looking for anyone. I was content and had even accepted the fact that for the remainder of my senior year, I was going to be alone. It wasn’t a big deal, honestly. But while I wasn’t looking for you, I found you. The smiling, shy guy with the hat. And it took all of about 2 days for me to figure out that you’d be important to me. Now, look. We’ve blossomed into this beautiful thing and we steal each other’s lingo and we think the same and we can tell when the other is smiling through text. I say this all the time, but I’m pretty sure that we’re the cutest.
March 9th is a holiday to me, whether you like it or not. It is a holiday because it is when the man that I love was brought into this world. And god, am I grateful. You’ve given me so much more than I will ever admit to. You hate thank you’s but there isn’t any other way I could think of to do this. So here it is.
- Thank you for being my opposite – I know its super corny but opposites really do attract. My extrovert to your introvert, my optimist to your pessimist. It’s scarily balancing and it still amazes me to this day.
- Thank you for being supportive – You’ve been there from grad to my knee crisis, from me up and moving to Florida for half a year to deciding to play collegiate softball. You have always stood in my corner, ready with the pep talk and a smile.
- Thank you for understanding I’m a clutz – I can’t stress enough how much this means to me. You have no idea what it’s like to be perpetually clumsy. But you accept it and I love you for it.
- Thank you for knowing me – And trying to get to know me better. The little things that you do to make sure I’m good go such a longer way than you think.
- Thank you for letting me get to know you – I know that it isn’t easy to let someone in. I know it’s not easy to trust someone wholeheartedly. But the fact that you are trying, little by little to this day means the world to me and I’m glad that I can be there for you.
- Thank you for caring for me – It’s alot more complex than you think, but your overprotective ways and life lessons have meant so much to me over the years.
- Thank you for letting me be indecisive – because picking Netflix shows is hard, picking what’s for food is hard, basically making choices is hard. And you get that.
- Thank you for all the compliments – Even when I think I look like a potato. Because sometimes, my ego needs to be stroked and you always know just what to say.
- Thank you for our adventures – The big ones, the little ones, the ones that aren’t really adventures.
- Thank you for not being like every one else – you being yourself is my favorite thing. There is no outside influence to how you act or why you do certain things and that is something that is so refreshing in this generation.
- Thank you for being my bestfriend – You are literally the only person I talk to everyday. You know me inside and out, the things I like, the things that make me tick. You have become my bestfriend in our time together and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
And last but not least,
Thank You for Us. We’ve had our share of ups and downs, we’ve dealt with things that would break most couples and it has only made us appreciate each other that much more and value each other’s time. I don’t know what the future holds for us, but remember that I love you and that I’m always going to be your #1 fan in whatever you do.
*** Happy Birthday Babe ***